Sunday, November 6, 2011

Whole Wheat mushroom pizza with fontina, rosemary, and truffle oil

We had the most delicious pizza when we were in Reading, PA for my cousin's wedding last weekend and I figured there was no reason I couldn't make it at home! I decided to make a healthier version, however, and ordered the whole wheat frozen pizza dough from Fresh Direct.
This was a simple one! Just preheat the oven to 500 degrees before you start. Knead the pizza dough with your hands and work on flatening it out to a round surface.  Use a bit of flour on your hands to keep it from sticking. Put a little flour down on a cookie sheet (or a pizza stone if you have one) and then put the pizza dough on top once you get a nice circle of dough.
Shred a chunk of fontina cheese or whichever cheese you prefer until you have about 3/4 cup per pizza. Put the shredded cheese on top of the dough and then add your other toppings. Chop some mushrooms - I used the gourmet blend from Fresh Direct and put onto along with some chopped rosemary. Then I drizzled with some black truffle oil that I keep on hand.
Pop the pizzas in the oven for 10-15 min until the crust looks crunchy and the cheese is melted but not browned.
Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment